So that rhymes… Moving on…
My birthday is coming soon… Well, in about a month. Next month. I know I’m too excited but I just feel that this year’s birthday needs to be celebrated with something special. However, the thing is, I’m broke as !@#$. So I have to think of other ways to make it special. In the process, I wanna share the things I came up with.
1. Bake your own cake.
If you’re the type who knows how to bake (or at least cook), you should try making your own cake. Heck, if you love cake then DO IT!
Even if you don’t have an oven, you can try baking with your rice cooker. Here’s one I found in YouTube.
2. Have a Potluck Party with friends.
If you’re the type to party, then this one’s for you. Since you’re broke, you can ask friends to bring something for the party. And to make sure no one’s gonna bring the same thing more than twice, write down the stuff you think you’ll need for the party. And then assign them to those you’ll be inviting. You can also tell them that if they forgot to bring something, just buy some snacks or drinks to get past the door.
You provide the venue, they provide the booze and the food. Win-win!
Just in case you don’t have a clue on what to ask your friends to bring, here are some:
- Guitar (or any instrument) – So that you guys can jam!
- Ice – It’s not a bad idea to have so much ice. You’ll never have too much ice.
- Bread – You can make sandwiches, DIY pizzas, and toasts so make sure to ask them to bring some spreads, sauces and toppings too.
- Junk food such as chips and popcorn – Because.
- Sodas and Booze.
- Dessert – You can ask them to bring cupcakes, chocolate bars and candies!
- Cheese – You can do a lot of things with cheese.
- Eggs – You can cook it in a lot of ways. Also, have you tried deviled eggs? Yum!
- Frozen Pizza – for when you just want to be done with it.
- Cake-mix – Or a brownie mix.
- A pot of guacamole or some other dip.
- Instant noodles – instant Ramen is also nice.
Of course, there are more possible things your friends can bring. You can also ask your friends what they are willing to bring.
3. Schedule a visit to your parents.
I’m sure they’ll be more than happy to take you out on your birthday. Unless, you had a fallout, then you can go and make amends. That would be a nice way to spend your day.
4. Participate in a marathon.
Okay, I meant a streaming marathon.
If you prefer to spend your day indoors, probably with your SO or your BFF, and watch Netflix. If you don’t already have an account, ask a friend to lend you their account for a day. It’s your birthday after all. They’ll probably let you.
There’s a ton of shows available on Netflix and I’m sure you’ll be able to finish some of the TV series in a day. I have.
5. Sleep in.
Last, but not the least, sleeping in with your SO. This is the only day when you can’t be shamed for sleeping. It is your day. You can do whatever the F you want to do with it.
Got more to add? Tell me in the comments?